Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #2910 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Your actually wrong, headshots are more effective then the rest of the body. Maybe you didn't upgrade the guns enough, or a mistake a lot of people make is sticking withe default pistol instead of selling it for the red9 or something.

Resident Evil 4 has a lot of flaws, but it's over the shoulder view was awesome and had some great aiming for a third person shooter at the time
I said "it seems like".
But yea, I did upgrade as much as possible. I'm only about halfway through the game, but even without upgrades, it seems like there should be some effectiveness to a gun straight to the head even early on in the game. I'd rather the difficulty increase be related to the things I'm fighting, rather than a weapon increasing in "power". But the best weapon so far (incidentally the one I used to kill the chainsaw guy hilariously easily) is the rifle. Good damage on that one right out of the box. It's just too impractical for casual usage, what with the scope, capacity, and speed of use. Headshots are headshots with the rifle. It just irks me when a bullet from a rifle can down a zombie while a bullet from a machine gun or pistol can't.
I'm not a realism junky, but things really could have been thought out differently.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote