Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is It About Music That You Like? (Read first post!)
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #51 (permalink)
ngawethuu
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
Favourite 3 Genres
Drone and folk resonate the most with me. Folk is a general term, but I refer to the homey feeling of music, as folk music does mean 'music of the people'. Virtually anything that sounds culturally significant and is sort of stripped-down in terms of instrumentation gets my vote. A third would likely be (as a HUGE HUGE blanket statement) classical music. That alone covers so much terrain on its own.

What attracts me to music
Loneliness. I like music that, at some point in its duration, sounds fragile and near empty. Using silence, incorporating solos/solis into the repetoire, playing 'nostalgically', etc. I like loud/heavy music and all, but even the loudest music can serve that same purpose.

Loneliness transcends virtually everything. Representing that emotion somehow, whether it be directly or just through some other angular medium, is basically a necessity to the music I listen to. Even upbeat & optimistic music contains some allusion to it most of the time.

Don't really think any 'links' will help prove these points.

Are you attracted to the same musical qualities now as then?
2005 - Green Day
2011 - Drone/Folk Project #409,439

There is change, yes, but I look down upon the me of one year ago more than the me of six years ago. I was so self-righteous and pretentious a year back, and it's much better to look back upon my early adolescence when I was just a nice kid who would listen to nothing but pop-punk and System of a Down on the side. I don't listen to the same styles, but I still get the same awesome feeling when I hear something interesting/that inspires me.
+1
Besides, i don't differ music as genres anymore. they all kinda mixed up