Music Banter - View Single Post - Geetarguy's Collection
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geetarguy View Post
I wrote this song about a woman who I had been interested in, in the past couple weeks. It is about how she was a victim of domestic abuse, and I was "standing in the shadow of her fears" aka after her failed and violent relationship I was there trying to fix the peices.

The seer is obviously the man who beat her, and watched on as he did it, almost as outside of his body.

It is about questioning whether or not I can pick up her pieces, and put her back together, and give her "it all". Knowing now that she is worth it, I am still trying.
Geetarguy, I love the sentiment behind your song, which has a nice power to it, my one recommendation for the music being perhaps to have a quieter section to make the vocals stand out like a personal call to this woman.

My other thought is that if you hadn't explained what the song was about, I would have had no idea, although I felt the song was a supportive one due to these lines:

Quote:
Grace, don't feel left out, into light
Grace, and herd the trust, into life

I'm right here, I'm standin in the shadow of your fears

I'm right here, wishing you could take back all your years
Your lyrics leave room for interpretation, which makes them interesting and perhaps lets people more easily read their own lives into them. On the down side, it means (for example with your second song, which sounds great) that I really don't know what the song is *about* without you explaining the song, and I wish I did understand the meaning directly while listening to the music.

I liked the guitar solos and energy in your songs and the fact that you all look like you are having fun!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote