Music Banter - View Single Post - Geetarguy's Collection
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Geetarguy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Geetarguy, I love the sentiment behind your song, which has a nice power to it, my one recommendation for the music being perhaps to have a quieter section to make the vocals stand out like a personal call to this woman.

My other thought is that if you hadn't explained what the song was about, I would have had no idea, although I felt the song was a supportive one due to these lines:

Your lyrics leave room for interpretation, which makes them interesting and perhaps lets people more easily read their own lives into them. On the down side, it means (for example with your second song, which sounds great) that I really don't know what the song is *about* without you explaining the song, and I wish I did understand the meaning directly while listening to the music.

I liked the guitar solos and energy in your songs and the fact that you all look like you are having fun!

Hey thank you! Yeah when we get our PA system fixed, the quiter parts should be easily remedied. They style I have always written in is more poetic than lyrical, where it has a deeper meaning which may apply differently into your life than mine, or whoevers.

But thanks for the feedback, we have changed untitled a bit, in the day since it has been up, and we are gettin real quiet, and also at the end fading away from the bridge.

Anyways "The Rise", is about filial curses or blessings. Ergo whatever one's parents bestoy on them. It is about my struggle to rise above what my own parents gave to me. It is about the struggle to realize that even though they are drunks, they do in fact care, and always have. There is more to the song, but I'll leave that to yall.

Take it easy!
Geetarguy is offline   Reply With Quote