Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #9470 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raust View Post

Paranormal Activity 2
I told myself I wasn't going to watch this. For some reason though I'm compelled to watch movies that just suck. This was no exception. No real difference from the last one. Same old bull**** with **** getting knocked over and chicks getting dragged around the house getting possessed. The only difference is that the ending was really bad it's like they wrote it in 5 minutes cause they couldn't think of anything else better to write at the last minute. The actors in this film aren't the greatest either and I find it awkward just watching them go about there day to day lives. The P.O.V. genre is pretty much dead and this was its nail in the coffin.
I believe you! Considering I hated the first, I'm sure I'm not gonna enjoy the second. Real quality ghost stories are hard to come by, I think, and it saddened me a bit that Paranormal Activity got all the hype it did. I didn't find it scary or well done. Rather, I felt it was cheap.

Those interested in ghost story type movies should watch one or more of these :

I'm very happy he mentions The Changeling I've yet to see Onibaba and The Uninvited, but The Changeling and The Innocents in particular are awesome!