Music Banter - View Single Post - Which Band/Artist Came Out Of Your Town?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
northern_angel455
Groupie

As I grew up in Manchester, England, I think there were a few. The one band that actually meant anything to me or influenced me though were James. I didn't get to see them before they 'made it' unfortunately as I was only just old enough for concert going when they became well known.

I don't know about giving back to their community but they put on a brilliant show when they play their home town. I've been to see them twice and one time in particular they were playing songs off their very earliest album and the crowd was going absolutely wild. Their music is fantastic.

Of course, there was also Oasis more recently, who I really liked at the time. I went to see them too, but couldn't get tickets when they played Maine Road and ended up going to see them at Balloch Castle in Scotland. It was a fab day especially as I got right in the crush in the front row, but probably not the same as seeing them in Manchester. I wasn't really a fan until they were already famous though.

Still I'm quite proud of the musicians that have come from my area, I mean if we expanded it out into the north-west the Beatles only came from just up the road from me in Liverpool! And of course how much more inspirational could you get.
northern_angel455 is offline   Reply With Quote