Music Banter - View Single Post - The Noisy, Spastic, Loud Music Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I found Polkadot Cadaver a watered down version of Dog Fashion Disco myself which is not surprising since a couple of ex members make up the band.
Well, the two members that made the band essentially where the only songwriters/consistent members. Really, it's the same band, just I think really cynical. As for being watered down, I quite like "Purgatory Dance Party" but unlike DFD, any videos I've seen of it live have been exceptionally weak.

I used to be really into DFD, but don't care for them much anymore. They're way too straight forward in comparison to bands like Estradasphere, Stolen Babies, and Unexpect. I like their morbid sense of humor, but they skate off of it well too much.

On that note, some of Unexpect is pretty psychotic at times:

Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote