Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #910 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
But what about vitamins? You must have either developed scurvy or taken a daily multivitamin. I'm just curious

Edit: I know that meat offers vitamin B12 and iron and what not, but it doesn't have vitamin A, C, D, etc, or calcium and most everything you find in milk.
I took one vitamin a day. I forget what it was, it was like 2 years ago or so I did keto. It was something my mom had, she's a semi-vitamin nut. I should have taken way more vitamins though and monitored it way more. So this time around (if I decide to do it again) I'll definitely be more knowledgeable and researched on what vitamins and stuff to take and in what amounts. I ate fruit sparingly as long as it kept my body in the state of ketosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
And, while this is going to open a door I'd rather leave shut, I have to ask:

How hard were your poops without any fiber?
Large. Intense. Few.

From what I remember. I don't know, I didn't keep a diary on them. I'll take pics and post them next time for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Because they're animals. They don't have a concept of cruelty. They don't care about other species. Not to mention that they don't have a choice.

Dude, there's no nice way to say this, so I'll just say it. That is an intellectually lazy and stupid thing to believe. Because we can we should? Should white people have kept their black slaves because they were "on top of the food chain"?
Ok, let's not go off into crazy comparison land here. Abolishing slavery was a good thing. People of all races are still people. I don't feel nearly as sensitive to animals as I do people. My basic feeling is that animals taste good, are good for the economy, and provide little else to humans other than when they are killed. Just like lions attack deer, and larger fish eat smaller fish, I don't mind that we eat animals. And because I know this same argument is gonna come back around, let me say that I PERSONALLY am only really concerned with HUMANS. I don't care what is best for the world. I care what is best for people.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote