Music Banter - View Single Post - Dirty Punks Vs. Hardcore Punks
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 02:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo-poetic
I don't see where these such labels should Ever fit into "punk" personally isn't punk all about breaking all limits of constriction including these sort of labels. When I think Of how to define punk this is what comes to mind: Someone strong in their own beliefs, someone whose not afraid to be themselves dispite the common trend, punk music in my opinion is a VOICE OF THE MASSES! It's people just like you and me speaking out for what they believe and having fun in what they do! Am I right in thinking this? Seriously what is with the "hardcore" and Dirty" ****? If I had to label myself I would say I was both. I'm DIrty" when it counts and and hard core to the bone as far as being able to survive and strive in this world. lol on the hot topic though I don't know anyone I would consider to be a True Punk who shops there... perhaps ocasionally but isn't that more of a metal head place? The whole punk genre started with a bunch of ho-bo's and your more loyal and honest punk fans shop at low income thrift stores and walmart... places where they can not only aford their purches but also some-where non supportive to labels. Anyways there's my 2 % worth.
Thanks for resurecting a dead thread thats old and didnt need to be posted in.