Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #307 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Mad Dogs - Sky1 HD

Caught the first episode but undecided at the moment. It has a half decent cast but it reminds me of another 4 parter made for TV drama from around 10 years ago called Births, Marriages and Deaths in that a bunch of boyhood friends meet up and old secrets are revealed.
I want to see this, but only because of Simm and Glenister really. I have no expectations.

Finally got around to this show, and watched the first two episodes. Seems really good so far. I'm going to hold off judgement for now though.

Very odd combination of network, cast and crew. Made by American network Showtime to air there and on the BBC, written by David Crane (Friends) and Jeffrey Klark (Mad About You) and starring Matt LeBlanc alongside Tamsin Grieg (Black Books, Green Wing) and Stephen Mangan (Green Wing, I'm Alan Partridge).

Good role for Matt LeBlanc, playing himself. Given a little room to be more adult-orientated and giving, in my opinion, very funny performances also might help him move a little further away from Joey.

I'm surprised I didn't miss this. The BBC arent exactly brimming with good sci-fi drama's and this one seemed to get little to no exposure. Very good.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote