Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #2016 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
This is the sort of musical write-up that drives me nuts. Whoever wrote this must have balls the size of ****ing Jupiter because he chides the supposed "pandering to the gays" but with lines like "as deep as Henry Kissenger's conscious" its obvious he's wildly pandering to the Klosterman crowd; that elite set of pseudo-intellectual ****-bags that ever teen in the music community aspires to be, does become, and self-perpetuates with the substance of a marshmallow.

He's accurate when he says "Born this way sucks" and I'll agree that Madonnas version sounds much better, and somehow more current, but his stance on the subject, or more specifically how he posits it, is just the short of catty-bitch journalism that gave birth to the hipster movement.

If he could tell anyone why Firework, We R who we R, and Born this Way were bad, in reference to the respective artists catalogs, I'd give him more credit. But I'd put $50 on him looking at the weather vane, seeing which way the wind was blowing and writing accordingly.

What self-indulgent horse****.
I can't really tell, but are you disputing his claim that these songs are nothing more than manufactured piles of dung targeted specifically at the gay community? Or are you just criticizing his writing style? Or both?
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote