Music Banter - View Single Post - Foobar2000 - Support and Discussions
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #126 (permalink)
Steezebe
Groupie

WOW. :thumbs:

Ok first, i've just gone through this entire thread, and this has answered so many problems that google wasn't really giving me.
THANK YOU to tore and Noise for your wonderful help.

now until I can post images of my current foobar setup (i need 15 posts) i am looking for some scripting help.

I have made the switch to foobar2000 from iTunes as I don't need it to sync to my phone any more. However some parts of iTunes were nice, and didn't make the transfer. Specifically, three things have not made the switch: play counts, date added and (this is the big one) album artists. Since I group all of my soundtracks with 'original soundtrack' as the album artist, it allows me to sort my library so all soundtracks stay together. I also use the play counts to make autoplaylists for my favorite songs.

so here's what i know:
1) SOME of the album artist metadata has come over, but not very much (like 5%) and I haven't found out a pattern to it.
2) iTunes stores some of the more unique data, such as play counts, in an xml file and not on the metadata for each file

so any ideas/ help on how to transfer that info over to foobar2000? i've been fighting this for about a week now...
Steezebe is offline   Reply With Quote