Music Banter - View Single Post - AMM - AMMMusic (1966) [SAA Album Club discussion thread]
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Listened to it just awhile ago to refresh my memory, and still a very good listen. It didn't give me the same effect as when I first listened to it. With the shrieking violin, and seemingly random drum solos, transistor radio spewing off random unrelated statements. It was like falling into a schizophrenic Hell.

On this listen, I got the same effect, but it was a bit more comfortable. I get the feeling this is one of those albums you NEED to listen to on good speakers/headphones cause I used to listen to it with either, or, and it's lost a bit of power.

Still though, my biggest complaint on last listen was the fact it just felt too short. Not a bad complaint at all considering. If I were to give it a star rating it'd be a 4/5. Seeing as, I consider it an amazing feat of subconscious musicianship to be able to create something with such a thick, convincing, dramatic effect with no preparation at all whatsoever. Yet, I don't think it has the lasting value to be worth 4.5 or 5 out of 5.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote