Music Banter - View Single Post - Talking At Concerts
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Same here mostly. I guess I've been to a few concerts that were quiet enough but luckily no one around me was chit chatting.

This conversation reminds me though of a bootleg a friend of mine had of an early Primus concert, I think from back before they had any albums out. There's this guy, who was apparently really close to the recording device because you can hear him talking to his friend loud and clear, saying something along the lines of, "Meh. I mean I appreciate that these guys are trying to do something different but they just don't do it for me."
Ugh, that's awful. That's actually kind of what made me start this thread, to an extent - one of the Trey shows I downloaded features these girls talking obnoxiously the entire show. When they finally acknowledge that they're at a Trey Anastasio concert, one of them says, (during a really quiet instrumental section in the acoustic set) "Adam thinks he's probably a good guitarist," or something to that effect, then the guy taping says, "What? Who are you talking about?" and they say, "My friend Adam thinks he's a good guitarist." The guy taping is obviously irritated and says kind of annoyed, "Yes, he's a very good guitarist." This is after they talked nonstop the whole beginning of the show, and then they continued talking to each other.

I just remembered how much I detest those people at concerts, and realized that with my luck, I'd have probably been standing right next to them at that show. I always get stuck with the talkers.

Like, at a Gov't Mule show, during the second set, I got stuck next to this girl who talked to her friend nonstop. I was trying to listen to Warren Haynes absolutely killing it onstage, and ignoring her, then she turned to me. She saw I was wearing a Phish shirt, and proceeded to tell me all sorts of stuff about how she loved Phish - and kept saying the wrong names for songs, called the band members by the wrong names, etc. I would have been a little less annoyed if it was someone who really loved the band or something, and was just excited to talk about it, but would have wished they'd save the conversation for a setbreak or after the show. That one girl was just talking to me because her friend went to the bathroom or something and she was incapable of shutting up.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote