Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #81 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint.ives View Post
Woah.

If this thread were on MF, the initiator would have been banned, anyone who posted in it would have been banned, and the mods would have laid a big guilt trip down about how dedicated they are to the site, and how it's no one elese's ****ing business to even be curious about why their favorite member was banned, or to even talk about it.

How mature of you all to actually have an actual discussion about it.

Impressed.
Yep, saint.ives, that's what I like most about MusicBanter's sexy, benevolent dictatorship: the moderators can take criticism and often welcome and respond to it maturely. The strongest governments are those that invite criticism of their actions.

I can't help but notice, though, that two of the MB moderators with whom I most liked to argue about how they moderated have since given up their crowns. That's a shame, but on the positive side I guess this means...

I WON! I WON! I WON! I WON! I WON! I WON! I WON!!!!!!

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"