Music Banter - View Single Post - Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #68 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis123 View Post
Couple things I want to point out:

1. Radiohead don't feel like a band anymore, where has that feeling gone?,It seems that they are trying to me as minimal as possible with the instrumentation on this. This sounds like Thom Yorke's Eraser 2.0

2. The repeating of electronic loops have all but replaced any drums or guitars, I don't know what Phil's repsonsiblities were on this album, but were probably minimum. Only Sepetator saves this album but honestly this like the other tracks just sound like they could be b-sides to anything from Kid A to In Rainbows.

3. Radiohead but out a bad piece of work, this is the worst I have ever heard from the band. Pablo Honey is more enjoyable. I have given this thing alot of chances. I'd give it a 6/10
This is the best description of it I've seen, i agree entirely, minus the pablo honey part.

I think trying to call radiohead "pop" is quite a stretch, and a little pretentious.

They are very catchy at times, and certainly have enjoyed mainstream success, but their lyrical content, image, certainly isn't what i consider pop. They don't follow trends enough.

If you want a pop version of radiohead listen to Muse or some other gay ****.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote