Music Banter - View Single Post - Talking At Concerts
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

I've never minded moshing, in fact I've quite enjoyed it on some occasions. Never been a fan of designated pits for it, though. It's one thing to jump around to the music like an idiot. It's another to run into somebody for no other purpose but to prove you're a badass. I've ran into situations where I wasn't paying attention, and I was right on the edge of one of these, turned towards the band, and some dumb meathead spears into my back.

The mass of humanity, however, is fun as all ****.

To the topic, however, talking annoys the hell out of me. Almost always it's a couple, and almost always it's obvious that it's because one half of the couple really doesn't want to go, but wants to get laid.

Ug... I wish we didn't live in the world of "Doesn't matter what my mate actually thinks, just so romantic that he, or she is vaguely pretending to have the same interests because that's romantic" style dating.

I go for the music, man. I you want to show your mutual love, do what the one couple near me at a concert did. Quiet during the whole thing, then when the encore is done, start jumping, and orgasm screaming "I love love love love love" you once it's done.

Firstly, that helps the atmosphere because everyone is feeling a variation of the same excitement.

Secondly, it shows respect to who is playing.

I really REALLY think that people need to scrutinize their mates more in the situation. If he or she doesn't actually like the experience, dump the ****er right then, and there. There's no reason this activity needs to be promoted.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote