Music Banter - View Single Post - The Science
Thread: The Science
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
No, she is right. Co-dependency is horrible and I don't advocate it. It doesn't help your self esteem to have to rely on someone else to give you compliments. You need to love yourself before you can expect others to love you. Oh and btw. I took your name out of it Dirty. I will go through all the other posts and remove your name from them as well.
I just wanted my name removed cause I am not a guru and can't teach everyone everything but I still am gonna give advice on any situations that come up and discuss things.

It's definitely good to be a dependent person. Positive relationships with other people IS healthy though. If you hate yourself and are depressed then you aren't gonna just magically feel better cause someone gave you a compliment, but meeting new people and having friends and socializing is absolutely healthy. A level of self-confidence is definitely gained through relationships with other people. It's called having good social health.

Good way to approach girls at a bar or party that you don't already know: Go up to a group, and say "Hey I gotta get back to my friends but we wanted some girls opinions on this:" Then ask any question requiring them to answer and start a conversation. Like I usually say "my buddy just started dating this girl, should he totally stop contact with his ex?" And then that leads to a little discussion which really isn't the important part. The main thing is that through talking (about anything) you just get more comfortable around those people. After 5 minutes of talking, pull the ole "Oh, my names ___ by the way" and then start talking on a more personal level like what they study, where they work, where they are form, that sort of stuff. Be unserious, laugh a lot, and make sarcastic jokes and jabs. People have different opinions and definitions of "negging" but I think it's just part of flirting. Like making a rude type of remark about something they are wearing but do it in a way where you can both laugh about it.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote