Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #781 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
You should start paying attention to this team again... if they hold on tonight they are 4 points out of the playoffs. Not sure how often they are paired, but MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin is a great young combination. They are young, contribute across the board, and (mostly) are + on a team that has allowed considerably more goals than they've scored this year. Also, Luke Schenn is a beast in the making... been watching him for fantasy hockey purposes, and the kid is flirting with top 10 in the league for both blocked shots and hits. His point totals ought to see a boost now that he's expected to move the puck a little more with Kaberle gone. Your team is not that bad this season, and has youth in all places. Consistency out of Kessel and health out of the netminders and you've got a playoff team this season.
I would love to see the Leafs in the playoffs again. Hopefully this year, if they keep it up. Kaberle being traded is a sign that the team is seriously being rebuilt, which makes me happy. It's taken a few years, but I think they're almost there. Khadri is amazing, I had been watching him in the minors for a little bit before he was drafted. I think consistency from the whole team is really essential at this point.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote