Music Banter - View Single Post - AMM - AMMMusic (1966) [SAA Album Club discussion thread]
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
They're very patiently taking turns.
Cage's solo spots ruined the whole thing, in my eyes. I mean, I practically splooged myself just on hearing that there was a John Cage meets Sun Ra as they were both two of my heroes at the time(and still are).

Sun Ra was amazing. Then again, give the man a keyboard, and he always is. But that's all we got, Sun Ra's raw keyboard solos intermixed with Cage's, frankly terrible, acupella spoken word pieces.

I was hoping Cage would have brought the fullest of his creative mind, and got the transistor radios in, and brought some game pieces, or something. Putting the focal point in Sun Ra's adeptness to improvisation to John Cage's uncanny compositional inventiveness. Instead, I got them doing two completely different things, only one of those two things I liked, but not amazingly.

Seriously, listening to the whole thing broke my heart, and completely slaughtered, and raped, the child inside me.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote