Music Banter - View Single Post - Bullet Train To Vegas
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixpunk
ya, ian is the singer for minor threat who alot of ppl claim started staight edge, and fugazi is a band that alot of people claim started emo...one reason why he gets so much recognition, i cant think of anyone else that has been given credit for starting two surprisingly popular genres...anyways, back to the subject (kinda)..ATDI - they do that song one armed scissor right?
yeah, one bombass song, well the whole album is brilliant but i guess it doesn't work for everyone, i tried lending it to a friend and i think the first song ( arcarsenal ) frightened him, all he had to say about it is that it's loud...fal however thought it was weak....so there you go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookers with machineguns
Regardless of whether this is your kind of music, it's not a bad idea to get familiar with this sector of music- ian's bands include Rites of Spring, Teen idles, Fugazi, Embrace (not the new uk band), Minor Threat, and the new indie/pop project the Evens. Those bands (excluding the Evens) were among the first hardcore/emo bands. The hardcore that people speak of now has been distorted since the 80s. I have a feeling I know what you're looking for, but I would recommend checking out some of the hardcore threads on MB, there's a lot of good suggestions in there.
i'm not really restricted by genres, i just didn't find fugazi that good ( or hard enough ), i did venture into the hard core thread but there's just too many bands being mentioned and then i sorta give up because i don't know where to start....anyways i think bullet train to vegas is right up my alley

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote