Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #51 (permalink)
GeddyBass2112
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
On top of being judgmental they were also hypocritical.

There are two different groups of church go'ers.

You have the one a day christians. They do so many things that are not christian-like during the week then come to church on sunday and try to act holier than thou. They chalk it up to being able to repent for their sins during the week. As soon as monday rolls around they are back to their old ways.
I was possibly lucky in that most of the people at my church were 'genuine' and sincere believers, and we didn't have too many of these sorts of people attending.

Quote:
The second group of church go'ers are the ones that go to every possible event the church is having and end up going to church about five times during the week. They have to go to bible study on tuesday nights, Men's study on wednesday night, Youth study on friday night, Church Staff meeting on monday night and then regular mass and sunday school on sunday.
I fell into this group unfortunately. Between worship band (Tue nights and Saturday afternoons/evenings), a student lifegroup (Wednesday for the church group and Friday night for a university meeting), Thursday meetings at church and then the Sunday services (and I usually went to both morning and evening services too), I didn't do too much which wasn't church- or Christian-related.

Quote:
The second group I tend to find the most judgmental. When a new member comes to the church and tell their story about their past and how they want to welcome jesus into their life. The gossip begins and stays around for the end of time/members involvement in the church. I really hate how gossipy church members are.
Eh, I never got involved in this, and certainly not in my church where there was too much politics and striving for hierarchies and positions. It's the reason I quit the worship band (the main bandleaders spent too much time competing against each other and not actually doing anything musical)
GeddyBass2112 is offline   Reply With Quote