Music Banter - View Single Post - Hip Hop Poll: Final Round(for reals this time) Madlib vs. The Wu-Tang Clan
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I think the people that are voting for Madlib are not taking into account the solo work of each member because they had their own chances in the polls to beat other artists and they failed.
That's how I looked at things before punching my ticket for Madlib. I know it's just a little competition for fun, but I sort of struggled with how to vote for solo/group artists throughout this whole thing because it wasn't very well defined.

I don't see this as Madlib vs. GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface, RZA, etc... It is Madlib vs. Wu-Tang as a collective unit. With that in mind, I put less stock in any solo work by Wu-Tang artists when considering voting for thee "Wu-Tang Clan".

I late realized the hypocrisy of doing this, while still giving Madlib tons of credit for Madvillain (who, like GZA, Raekwon, etc, was also a separate competitor in the polls that also lost out over the course of time). But, even factoring out Madvillain, I still think Madlib instrumental work has such an abundant amount of quality across the map that he takes the cake for me.

In the end, it looks like RVCA voted for Wu-Tang Clan so... there ya go. 11-10.
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote