Music Banter - View Single Post - 10 Reasons Why The Rolling Stones Were Better Than The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #315 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotoar View Post
1. Pete Townshend > Keith Richards
Keith Richards will always be cooler than Pete Townshend - that's an unarguable scientific fact. Plus Keith Richards was more knowledgeable on actually playing blues guitar than Pete.

Quote:
2. Roger Daltrey > Mick Jagger
3. John Entwistle > Bill Wyman
4. Keith Moon > Charlie Watts
Charlie Watts is a much more talented hands down, he's a much more versatile drummer than Loony Moony ever was.

Quote:
5. The grand concept albums, one of which was even too grand for The Who themselves, but that they still managed to turn into "Who's next" which eats any selected Stones album for breakfast.
6. "Rock'n Roll circus" that Stones didn't dare to release as The Who blew them away with the "A quick one" performance.
7. The Who's debut consisted almost entirely of self-penned songs, Stones' debut had one original.
Nothing wrong paying homage to Blues and R&B artist that were influences - the Stone paved the way for Blues-Rock of the 60's and 70's.

Quote:
8. "Live at Leeds". And for the remaining doubters "Live at Isle of Wight".
9. High-end artrock > sloppy blues rock. Ok, that's an exaggeration but The Who were still much more diverse during much less time.
10. Townshend's nose > just about everything
The Rolling Stones is a better band overall than The Who. The Beatles had popularity The Rolling Stones had talent and The Who were loud - loud doesn't mean talented.

Quote:
In all fairness, if compare we must, we have to compare the collective efforts, or else...

yes if we have to compare

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote