Music Banter - View Single Post - Amp Change
Thread: Amp Change
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress-Pass View Post
I was looking at the Peavey Vypyr series and like what I see but I was also looking at the Blackstar HT Stage 100hd with my Line 6 cab, or I could just upgrade the amp head to a 150w Line 6 Spider IV head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
looking is rather irrelevant. every piece of information you read is going to make the product look good. the ONLY way you're going to find a good new amp is to go to the music store, sit down, and try them all out. tell the staff you intend to buy first and maybe flash some cash at them so they know you're serious and you might be pleasantly surprised at how helpful they become over an afternoon of testing (maybe ask them when their slowest day happens to be first).

also if your band uses a PA system you don't need a stack or that huge of an amp either. a small practice combo can easily be run through the sound system. might not look as cool as having the classic stack looming over you, but most people have clued into the fact that the majority of classic rock stars were most definitely compensating for something or other.

i also recommend the cliched choice of Marshall's. seriously, there's a REASON why they're that popular. if you've never honestly plugged into one and let it rip then you really can't comment on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote