Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #187 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
I have a question for any guitar experimentors or scholars out there..have you ever heard of using all humbucker type coils on a strat as opposed to the single?? Or can you even do that?
yeah, the guy from the Spin Doctors had a custom 3 humbucker strat back in the early 90s pretty sure he mentioned needing to do a little routing to make them all fit though. i hate myself for remembering that band now. apologies to older members reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress-Pass View Post
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX-260 (Main)
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Secondary)
i'm sorry but this is just sad. you either have an ESP EX guitar or you have an LTD EX-### (numbers indicating overall quality) from the ESP site it's either a 50, 360 or 401. anything under 400 is made in Indonesia and anything above 400 is made in Korea all LTDs are made with lower grade materials and hardware as compared to their ESPs counterparts(made in Japan).

with an LTD under 400 you're basically putting the equivalent of a really nice beginner guitar over a freaking Gibson and a custom one at that...

or are you calling an Epiphone a Gibson because they're both sold as 'Les Pauls'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote