Music Banter - View Single Post - Deathprod
Thread: Deathprod
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Schranz bass
Music Addict

Thumbs up Deathprod--Intense, ambient drones & ominous Soundscapes

In Unweaving the Rainbow, Richard Dawkins appeals to our deepest, aesthetic understanding by asking us to "[t]ry to imagine Beethoven's 'Evolution Symphony', Haydn's oratio on'The Expanding Universe',or Milton's epic'The Milky Way.'"

Also, try to imagine how radically different humanity would be today if Michelangelo had painted 'The Akashik Field,' or if Mozart composed 'The Birth of Consciousness.'

I recently (about two years ago) discovered a group who expressed a seminal example of avant-garde music, at least from my musical frame of reference; they are one of the very few virtuosos to induce a tremendous sense of wonder.

A writer for allmusic.com, named François Couture also acknowledges that "...Deathprod's music creates its own space out of time, so the chronological aspect (or the "newness" of the music presented here) has little relevance."

Before you pass 'go,' or even pick up the dice, look for Deathprod's Morals and Dogma.

I rattle my whole neighbourhood (well, most certainly the neighbours below me) with these tracks (the first six do not appear on Morals and Dogma :

-Deerstalker
- Dora 3
-Nebulizer
-H
-Kakonita
-Ulysses

-Cloudchamber and Tron are my favourite tracks from Morals and Dogma.

-Deathprod's earliest works, Treetop Drive 3, and particularly Towboat

Without fail, these massive soundscapes make my friends say "holy sh!t!"

To truly capture the essence of this music, it must be played with a good sound system. The sound seems more immense than VY Canis Majoris.

Last edited by Schranz bass; 03-03-2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Change title
Schranz bass is offline   Reply With Quote