Music Banter - View Single Post - Battlefield 3 (PC)
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Default Battlefield 3 (PC)

Not long ago, DICE announced that Battlefield 3 will be released in the fall of 2011. After hearing the news, and changing my underwear, I proceeded to pre-order my copy from the EA store. Now I wait.

Anyone else planning on getting it for PC?
It's being developed for PC, and ported to the 360 and PS3, which makes me (a PC gamer) happier than if it was the other way around. Plus, it's also confirmed that PC will support 64 player maps. That's more good news to me, especially due to the fact that they're bringing back playable jets like we had in BF2.

Their new Frostbite 2 engine is supposed to be the tits, and although little is actually known about it, they're slowly releasing more info. I believe they're doing a few GDC conferences on the game engine either today or tomorrow, and vids should trickle down to us soon after. But even without the particulars, you can see for yourself in the premier gameplay teaser (and when I say teaser, I'm not lying) that there's a nice leap forward from Battlefield:Bad Company2 in regard to animation, lighting, physics, scale, etc.

The big question is whether they're going to be more true as a sequel to BF2 or BC2. Fans of BF2 are going to lean that way while those who started the franchise with BC1 and/or BC2 won't really have much of a reference. Although DICE has recently mentioned that their will be elements from both schools that should satisfy fans of both, the issue will be which elements are brought back and which are eliminated. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until DICE decides to give more information.

Anyway, regardless of how it turns out, I'm still pretty stoked about getting my hands on this game. I only hope we'll get beta access, because I'm definitely not buying Medal of Honor LE just for the BF3 beta, as DICE has advertised. (because MoH is such crap that the only way they can sell it is to promise access to the BF3 beta when it drops, with an MoH purchase.)

The gameplay teaser:

BF3 blog:
blogs.battlefield.ea.com/
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote