Music Banter - View Single Post - Battlefield 3 (PC)
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
I will probably get it. I've always been more of a Counter-Strike and Call of Duty player, but since COD has really gone down the shitter in the last couple years, I've been itching for a new multiplayer FPS.
Yea I've never been too big on COD. The style of gameplay gets old when the only incentive is to run around and kill as many people as possible just to improve a K/D ratio. The thing I love about the Battlefield franchise is the emphasis (and reward system) on team play and strategy. I definitely want to get a good squad together at some point and play multiplayer with Voip. And there's rumors that BF3 won't just have 4 folks to a squad like in the BC series, so I'm stoked about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Won't be getting this until I've spent a great deal of time with Bad Company 2, and I don't even have that game yet.
I play BC2 online. It's fun but I wouldn't use it as a training ground for BF3, as there are likely to be some big differences (unless you're training for online FPS in general). If you're familiar with BF2, you should be fine. Besides, it would probably be better to train on BF3 when it's new, so you have enough fellow noobs that won't make things terribly difficult to adjust to and most folks are on a level playing field (except for the beta testers). There are likely going to be a lot of different weapons and they'll be balanced differently than in BC2, as BF3 is supposedly a sequel to BF2, not BC2, so realistically, you're probably better off getting BF3 when it drops. If you can play BC2 in the mean-time, that's great. You've got probably around 8 months to get into it, and it doesn't take but maybe a week of daily play to get used to things and rank up fairly high and get some sweet unlocks.

If you end up getting BC2 for PC, let me know and we can go mess around. There are always plenty of low count unranked servers where you're pretty free to just run around and test things out without any negative effects.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote