Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #784 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces Out Dan! View Post
Trade deadline day was a little less than what people expected I think. Considering how many deals there were in the days building up to the deadline. Penner is the biggest name to move cities, probably followed by Arnott I guess. Canucks picked up Maxim Lapierre. Hes gonna be the fit for the fourth line center. Its gonna be nice to see a gritty player on the ice with the ability to move up lines now that Burr and Kes have focused more on their play, and less on their chirping.
I agree, the deadline was a bit weak. I am not a big fan of Lapierre, only because he played in Montreal, and has been shopped around alot. Buffalo got Boyes from the Blues. I like him for many reasons, but mainly his durability, he plays every game. He scored tonight in his first game in Buffalo's 3-2 win over the Rangers, which makes me like him more. I'm pumped, but only half as pumped as I am to have Terry Pegula as the new owner. Any hockey fan wants to hear the owner (who is from Western NY btw) say he is not in this as a financial investment and that he is willing to spend the money to bring our city a cup. I would have his babies if it were possible. The Sabs have only one loss under Pegula, which was an OTL where they blew a 2 goal lead with under a minute left to Dteroit, so I think they feel it too! A great boost to the organization.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote