Music Banter - View Single Post - my girlfriend hates indie rock
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 04:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
My gf cannot stand any indie bands I am into. Even bands I consider to have strong pop elements like r.e.m., pixies, spoon, she can't get into. For some reason this bothers me more than I feel it should, to the point that I am almost ready to give uo on the relationship because in past relationships I have felt a stronger bond and understanding with women when we relate to each others tastes in music. Am I being to harsh or does anyone else feel the same?
Dump her ass. Kick her to the curb.

I don't feel the same way you do when it comes to music and I'm okay with my future girlfriend not liking anything that I like but I know that it's a big part of being in a relationship for you. Listen to your heart if it doesn't feel right then let her go. You probably take music a bit too seriously and let it hinder relationships but that's fine. If it turns you off that she doesn't like a certain genre then who are we to judge you for it. It is NOT harsh.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote