Music Banter - View Single Post - Pixies
Thread: Pixies
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #403 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I can't imagine why there would be save for 10+ years from now when Social Security is dust and they need the money.
Um .. I think already happened years ago (the selling out with old stuff idea, anyway). I saw their reunion tour in 2004. It was one of my favorite shows ever. And I even bought the DVD of their performance at the 'Live at Newport' show -- playing all acoustic in a "folk" style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
I doubt it but then again you'll never know. The fact that they released 'Bam Thwok' a few years ago also gives me the feeling that they might have some other newer songs buried away as well. Whether they'll see the light of day or not is very questionable.
I'm not an expert but I think every Pixies song is actually a Charles Travis aka Frank Black aka Black Francis song. At least their first four albums were based on them (I honestly don't know what 'Bam Thwok' is).

No offense to the other band members but I hope it stays that way. The Pixies is basically a solo project as far as I know. No disrespect to the other members, but They + Travis have never been the Pixies. It's all him. At this point they'll all be better off making their own music without attaching the Pixies name.