Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #9570 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
A 'hack' is someone brought into a film to pick up the missing pieces or is a director for hire that the studio can rely on to do what they are told and produce a film to comply with their commercial criteria.

If you really think that Aronofsky is a hack then you have a very poor understanding of movies in general.

If you don't like his films then that is fair enough but he is far from a hack and each film he has done has a tonality distinctly different from his last.

This is not about one viewers opinion differing to another's either.

A genuine film fan should appreciate a director that constantly challenges the status quo and admire them for it. Liking their films is immaterial.

I am not a big fan of Kubrick, Hartley or Tarantino but I appreciate their films and look beyond my dislike to watch their films without comparing them to genuine 'hack' films that only trade in box office ratio numbers.
I felt like calling him a "hack" because I don't like his films even though I have watched all of his films at least once. They just do nothing for me. I don't care for his directing style or anything of that nature.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote