Music Banter - View Single Post - Lupe Fiasco
Thread: Lupe Fiasco
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:22 AM   #70 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

I figured I would break this into two posts because it's getting super long. I should have just written this up as a review and posted the link so you can read it but w/e.

"All Black Everything" I'm sure you have heard it by now but for those who haven't. He creates a fantasy/scenario where he has a dream and everything that is negative about the world today is the opposite. He pretty much has like a Bizarro type world going on. He also says in the song that it's nice to think about our history this way but we shouldn't get too hung up on it because you can't do anything about the past but you can DO something about the present/future.

Second favorite track on the album.

"Never Forget You"
I really love this track with John Legend. He basically talks about going back to your beginnings/hometown. Remember all of the things from your past and have no regrets. Remember the good and the bad because they made you who you are today pretty much. Which is something that I always say "I don't have any regrets because I couldn't have changed who I was at that moment in time and it has made me the person that I am today" I swear some of these tracks feels like he was inside of my head and stole my fucking ideas/thoughts.

"I'm Beaming"

Today, nobody cares
But tomorrow they will, they will
Today, nobody cares
But, oh, tomorrow they will, they will

They said my future was dark
You see me now?
Just look around
I’m beamin’

(We are) They used to talk
When I wasn’t around (Lasers)
You see me now (We’re not)
(Losers) I’m beamin’

I get my energy from my inner G
I be in outer space, but I got inner peace
So tell my enemies that they can’t injure me
I know that irritates, you have my sympathies
Well, you should protest, yeah, you should picket me
I’m on a losing strike, I’m on a winning streak

I’m out in left field, I’m speaking mentally
But that’s a better places than where the benches be

When I first heard this song as a single last year. I didn't really like it but then again I didn't pay attention to the lyrics. I really like it now though. especially the bolded part of those lyrics. I have been listening to a lot of songs lately that give off positive vibes and say pretty much don't worry about your enemies/haters. This is another song to add to my play list of songs that I call "Hater's Kryptonite"

He ends the album on "Shining Down" which is a perfect closer imo.

look up in the sky
look up in the sky

you thought I was down
you thought I was gone
that I went around
thought I left you alone

but look up in the sky
just look up in the sky
see that I'm everywhere
shining down on you

no, i ain't the nigga trying to get a liquor line
when i be scripting lines, want this petition signed
it says i'm sick of dying, sick of this prison time
i really love my people i'm sick of pimping mine

Since this single has been out awhile I'm not going to go into every detail of it but just the chorus and this one verse.
The chorus touches on him being away for so long and being hung up by Atlantic records again.

I like how he wants to enlighten black people because he's sick of seeing them die at a young age over bull**** and going into the prison system like it's something that we as black people should think is normal.

If you can't see how awesome this album is then there is no hope for you and I don't even know if you are truly a Lupe Fiasco fan.

You are entitled to your opinions though and if you take anything away from these posts

Love Always Shines Everytime Remember to Smile.
L.A.S.E.R.S.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote