Music Banter - View Single Post - my girlfriend hates indie rock
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #36 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
sigh.

look, ignore these holier-than-thou dopes who say this is no criteria to base your relationship on. Its very much a viable platform to move from so long as you don't like ****ty indie.

She doesn't like indie, though, because you aren't hipster enough. Are you jeans tight enough? Your courier bag bright enough? Did third world mothers knit your knit cap? I don't think so. You must push yourself father, to bend her will to indie music.

As Prince would say, thats pussy control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
In the past, I can honestly say that I have been guilty of basing someone's suitability as a potential significant other on trivial things such as musical taste. I went so far as to not date possibly one of the greatest people I've ever met because she was into musical theatre more than dramatic theatre. Not kidding. One of the biggest regrets in my life, to be quite honest.

So basically, it should be about the person, and not about the musical common ground as much. You'll find somewhere where you intersect musically. You really shouldn't be that nit-picky in a relationship; you already like them for some reason. Musical taste, a trivial detail to be honest, should not change that.
Musical taste may seem like a trivial detail to you but it's not to him. He places a higher value on it and because of that. That's the main reason I told him to dump her. So what if he likes other qualities in the girl it's not worth it if he places such a high value on music taste that way. You'd have to be in his shoes to really understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Allright, it's time to tell you something. You're not going to like me for this.
I seriously dislike theatre plays and musicals.
And to make stuff even worse, you're the very first person who participates in theatre I actually like. It's probably a dutch thing, but all the theatre people I know and have heard about here are egocentric overly dramatic attention-whores.

I'm sorry if this shocks you so I'd like to add, altough I have said that more than once, that I really like you. And I'm sure there's more people in theatre that are really likeable, but maybe just not in the Netherlands or I just ran into the wrong people. There's quite a few references though as two of my friends have studied theatre technique (as in lighting, audio, video).
No, you are right, S_k a majority of the people associated with dramatic theatre/musical theatre are very unlikeable people. Sara is the first one that I have come across that is a bit different than the normal stereotype but a majority of the time people in those fields live up to the stereotype.

Egocentric overly dramatic attention whores is all they know it's their way of life and it's fraking annoying.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote