Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #102 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I enjoyed both of these songs, Zaqarbal.

The punk-like boldness of the "From Monarchy to Cryptocracy" song appealed to me, and the video has some memorable images.

The consistently pretty, almost ethereal sound of Nunca estás a la altura by Klaus & Kinski jangled on in me for quite a few minutes after listening to it. Really, very nice.
I'm glad you liked it. There's an interesting generation of young indie bands singing in Spanish at the moment. And I still have to "explore" much of their music, especially that from the Americas.

I'm sure that From Monarchy to Cryptocracy's video contains many references from 70's horror films (like those directed by Dario Argento, etc.) and perhaps some kind of esoteric symbolism. I'm not especially interested in that particular cinema genre, but I know there are several "cult movies" from that decade, at least to the genre lovers.

Klaus & Kinski (a funny name, BTW) has an attractive dreamy sound, indeed. I can hardly understand what they sing (you know, that's shoegazing) but I like this band. Song En la cama (which means "In Bed" and, more of less, it says ♫ "In bed / In your bed / That's the best / Beside you / That's what I like it / In bed..." ♫) perfectly expresses the feelings of an infinite and pleasant laziness (or, as Italians say, dolce far niente), like in a Saturday morning, preferably together with a sweet sleepy lover. I also like, among other songs, Ley y moral ("Law and Morals"): it has surrealistic and almost-inaudible lyrics, but it sounds good to me.

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 03-05-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: minor precision.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote