Music Banter - View Single Post - Just a Girl with a Passion for Music :)
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
holly984
Music Addict

Default Just a Girl with a Passion for Music :)

Hi everyone!

My name is Holly, I'm 26 and I live in the US. I really love music and discovering 'new to me artists'. I'm quite thrilled to have found this place! I've perused the forums a bit during the past few days and I only recognize about 1/3 of the artists I've seen mentioned, lol. So, it would appear that I'm in desperate need of broadening my musical horizons.

I'm considerably open to trying out a myriad of music styles. And I'm definitely eager/willing to branch out. The only style that I'm pretty convinced I won't ever care for is certain metal.

A small sampling of some of the artists I currently listen to: A Fine Frenzy, Adele, Anna Nalick, Ben Folds, The Black Keys, Blind Pilot, Bright Eyes, Coconut Records, Colbie Caillat, Coldplay, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Death Cab for Cutie, The Eagles, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Jack Johnson, Kid Cudi, Kings of Leon, KT Tunstall, Muse, Norah Jones, Oasis, Radiohead, Paolo Nutini, Train, The White Stripes, Van Morrison

Besides my interest in music...here's a little more about me:

-i love photography
-i'm a Firefox girl
-i prefer non-fiction reads
-i have a considerable aversion to reality tv
-i'm friendly, easy going
-i almost cry every time I see that damn ASPCA commercial
-i like to cook/bake (enjoy various cuisines. variety is the spice of life)
-i love humor, wit
-i don't like 'chick flicks' (thriller, action, comedy, horror, documentary...I'll pretty much take anything else, lol)
-i have a b.a in anthropology
-two words: shark week
-i'm pretty adventurous, will try anything once (well, most anything)
-i enjoy playing board games
-i love the smell when it rains (depending the locale I suppose. ha ha)
-i want to travel the world

So yeah, that's a bit (or a lot? lol) about me. If you have any questions, ask away

I really look forward to discovering some new music to add to my collection and getting to know you. xoxo
holly984 is offline   Reply With Quote