Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #193 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Yea, everyone in the group is talented.

But Tyler and Earl both get mentioned more, because they're the two most talented.
well i'll say that Earl is the best rapper out of everyone (he really is) and Tyler is the best all around (image, rapping style, producing tracks, etc.), but with Tyler it's more of a Jack-of-all-trades more than master of all. like i said before, i think Earl is the better rapper, and i think TJAOT and Left Brain make beastly beats that can rival and even surpass some of Tyler's. What i think Tyler's real strength lies is in bring all of these talents together and leading them as a group.

in a way i see him as the captain of the ship, but where would a captain be without his crew, you know?

i guess what i'm saying is that if it were only Tyler or Earl, it wouldn't be as appealing to me. the fact that Odd Future is a collective is a good thing because you have the very different personalities under one roof and styles that criss cross and work off of each other to make a good variety of stuff. My favorite part of OFWGKTA's music is the interaction these guys have, either where some of them will be featured on a guy's solo album or as skits before the songs. hell, i've been having more fun downloading each member's solo stuff and listening to the parts that become the whole than i would if i just kept replaying Bastard and Earl.

i'm not saying Tyler or Earl are bad or even average, they definitely deserve their recognition, but that the fact that OF's a group really elevates the music as a whole and makes it alot more entertaining.

for example, including the song Super Market i posted earlier,

these are actually some of my favorite songs by OF

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote