Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #2046 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Tears View Post
She's said ''Ohh, I love all gay men'' or something like that before. It's not just her...I know some women in real life who assume the gay population are one big sluggish entity ala the freak from Akira, who are all the same. It's a foolish presumption.

I think GaGa is a self-deluded, neurotic, persona-obsessed woman who manipulates her fame for her promotional gain. This is half-admirable, half-fucking-creepy. The cult like relationship she cultivates with her little monsters is ultimately ego-serving (the term 'little' itself denotes inferiority. Her fans are not seen as equals, but her spawn) but she has the mistaken notion that she is spiritually enhancing any and all whom surround her, laud her music and buy her CDs. She is unable to seperate herself from her work and her entire value depends on being perceived as 'artistic' or 'different'. Her vague subscription to Andy Warhol's philosphies on art helps her justify her lifestyle instead of simply living it with self-honest. She is desperate to avoid the ugly truth; that she is dependent on fame and external approval and contemptuous of those who dare reject her, that she is in fact inspired by this contempt to a large extent, and that if her fame was taken away from her, she would die one thousand deaths.
I thought you loved Gaga, what happened?
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote