Music Banter - View Single Post - Men, are you more huggy these days?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #63 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Anyway, she wanted to know whether other people (guys/girls) lay together just to be together with no reason to be there, just for the sake of it. Perhaps listening to some music, but no particular reason to lie together. Anyone?
My friends and I are really cuddly. I know I'm a girl, and that may make it different, but even my guy friends hug all the time. There have been times where I've been camping with my best friends (three guys and one other girl) and we've just laid there and listened to music / played music and just cuddled. The guy friends are all totally straight and two of the three are engaged. We're just really comfortable together.

Also, I guess I know a lot of guys in theatre (yes, straight guys even!) and hugging is really commonplace amongst all of the theatre folk. It's just a way of greeting, for both genders. The straight guys do more of a "bro grab" most of the time, but at auditions when they've not seen each other in a while, they definitely hug.

I may just know really huggy people, though. Then again, I've even seen biker guys in bars around here hug their friends. Maybe it's a Southern thing, although it seems weird that it would be.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote