Music Banter - View Single Post - It's Drum And Bass Week!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

The following are a few tracks I've been digging lately:
(Later, I'll probably post some stuff that got me into the genre back in my party days, and expand on some different styles or what have you.)

Xilent
I discovered Xilent a few months ago and I gotta say, I love all his work. I love Neurofunk and Xilent's stuff is
like Neurofunk with an Electro flavor, A dose of melodic sensibility, and precise injection of complexity. He's a newcomer to
the D&B scene, hailing from Poland, and coming with some serious skills as a producer. His stuff is cutting edge
as far as D&B is concerned, and that's always been the primary focus of this genre, so I predict he'll do very
well for himself and the genre, and I look forward to his future releases.

Phace & Misanthrop - Desert Orgy
Techstep was pretty much my first interest in D&B, so I generally err on the side of that darker,
more techy robotic vibe that's present in Neurofunk, rather than the more soulful, jazzy vibe of Liquid.
(although I'm also a stickler for brooding melodic stuff, and favor a juxtaposing mixture of
those elements above all else) Both Phace and Misanthrop are great on their own, and this is
just a sampling of them together, doing what they do. Most people who follow the genre probably
recognize Phace from his Noisia collaborations, which are equally rad. I consider Noisia and Spor
kings of the Neurofunk bassline, so if you can relate, you'll like this.

Current Value
Usually when I want to listen to D&B that sounds like it's prepping me for running through a brick wall
and repeatedly cock punching whatever is on the other side of it, I look to Current Value. I can only imagine
that him, being from Germany, is a descendant of Hitler himself, judging by a lot of his tracks. Without coming
off as a murderous anti-Semite, I do love those tracks. But lately I've been really digging some of his milder,
more moody stuff. It has a little of that juxtaposition I was talking about earlier, and I just like being in two
places at once. Try these silenced Lugers out. (Yes... they're actually milder than his usual stuff)

Currently my fave of his. Experiments a bit at certain points too. I really love the mood of this:

Welpers, that's all for now. I don't know how many of you are into D&B, and I always assume that
those of you who are, probably gravitate toward other styles, but I'm hoping to draw some of you
guys out of the woodwork. Jackhammer, I know you're always prepared with a D&B gameface. Show ya self!
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote