Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #60 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I'm more apt to attribute "ghostly" experiences to a physiological component of our own makeup and resulting reactions of perceptions, but I certainly can't rule out the possibility of something more existing outside of our personal perceptions.
If I were to be as objective as possible, I would say that there exists more evidence of human fallacy in regards to perception and experience, than evidence of something outside that limitation. The fact that there are many humans with psychological disorders whose perceptual reality is much, much more different than those of us without them, does more than hint at the power of our own minds in dictating what we think we know, even if we haven't given it a name and institutionalized it. But in the end, we're still limited by a system whose very nature is, at all times, susceptible to error. As a result, we're more often left with obscurities we believe in, rather than are truly able to prove without reliance on that system.

I think it's totally fine if one person believes in something another doesn't. All that does is make a stronger case for the fact that we're pretty much all at the mercy of what our own perceptions dictate, and that it's mostly completely independent of any sort of objective standard that we can rely on, due to the fact that anything we rely on uses the same faulty system.

Believe what you want. That's the only answer here.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote