Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
I don't think this is a fair comparison. First of all, science doesn't "know" dark matter/energy is there: they hypothesize that it exists based on observations of the universe. Second, they ARE testing for dark matter (LHC as one example), but these tests remain inconclusive as of yet.
And I'm hypothesizing ghosts exist. Is it because we are calling them ghosts? I can come up with something more scientific if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Yes, I saw you mention this earlier in the thread. There's no evidence that God exists, there's no evidence that fairies exist, there's no evidence that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, and there's no evidence that ghosts exist. There is literally an infinite number of imaginary things that COULD exist beyond our realm of perception/detection. It's logical enough to say that things that don't make sense and that there's no evidence for probably don't exist. You don't need empirical evidence for that.
Yeah, I thought I remembered mentioning it sometime before. I think you are being unfair now. The whole point of what I was saying is that there actually ARE observable phenomena (seen by more than one person) and at some point when we have a better understanding of what makes up those phenomena, we CAN test it. I'm not just pulling something out of my ass and saying try to prove it doesn't exist. There is an actual basis for my claims.

Anyway, it all boils down to what Freebase said. I just think the nonbelievers can cut the believers some slack.