Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #65 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
But you are relying on anecdotal evidence. I have no independent access to any of these events or phenomena, and just because they don't have an explanation doesn't mean that they are ghosts.

I have a fundamental issue with your stating that these phenomena ARE observable, only to, in the very same sentence, state that they actually aren't. Like I said earlier, there are an infinite number of things that might exist and might be observable at some point in the future. Or not. You can believe whatever you want, but you shouldn't expect anyone else to believe in the same things you do if you only provide anecdotes to support your beliefs; and you certainly shouldn't go around attacking the skeptics for being reasonably and logically skeptical.
I think you are misunderstanding me. Anyway, I'm not attacking you. It sounded like you were completely baffled as to how anyone can think these things might exist in your original post and being a logical person, I got defensive. I don't believe anything until I feel like I've seen enough proof for myself. I see what you are saying, though...there is nothing I can point to that would be completely unbiased. This is definitely the kind of thing where you just have to have your own experience.

I hope you can see there is a difference, though, between believing unicorns exist and humans trying to figure out what happens to our consciousness after we die and the effect that has on our surroundings. There is no denying consciousness exists and that it creates a lot of energy. That's definitely fact. That's also something to extrapolate on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Why? When have believers ever cut nonbelievers slack?
I guess no one cuts anyone slack. There needs to be more slack in the world. This **** is stressful.