Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #3567 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
They both last pretty long. And when I say long, you won't know what I mean until you're under the influence of either substance. The actual hours involved won't really matter. Enjoy both.
I agree completely with this. One of the things that I've experienced, probably even stronger with acid than shrooms is the time thing. There was one time I dropped acid at about 10PM one night, and was going to be catching a ride to rehearsal at 6PM the next evening. From about midnight to 2AM, time was completely gone. Or, at least my grasp of it was. I couldn't figure it out, and remember at one point looking at the clock and it saying 12:15. After I'd experienced several millenia and established that my friends and I were the only three people in the world and we'd just fabricated the entirety of existence, I had a moment of clarity and remembered seeing the 12:15. When I looked back over at the clock, it was 12:22.

So, yes. Centuries can pass in the span of a few minutes, and it really will feel as though you've experienced amazingly long amounts of time in no time at all. Sometimes, anyway. That's not always happened to me.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote