Music Banter - View Single Post - Skrewdriver
Thread: Skrewdriver
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
you speak of music education and speak of nothing but Nazi bands. Which is a dumb irony since these are punk bands, and the purpose of punk is to protest the educated approach. Of course, most punk bands only do that to music theory, Skrewdriver I supposed did it to the next level by doing it against common sense.
Mmm, I see. Yes, two excellent points here:

1. Just because someone rejects formal music theory training means not only are they not influenced by it, it means their music does not follow it - at all. This explains why punk bands sound less like The Ramones and more like John Cage.

2. Yes, indeed, all the anti-Capitalist rhetoric screamed by hippie punk bands like Crass was completely common sense. Not only does the outcome of the Cold War prove this, so does the amazing state of fiscal strength the Occident finds itself in. Should we go on to explain how all the bitching and moaning about Multinational Corporations did oh so much to lift billions of people out of poverty?

Quote:
China is the world's largest nation in terms of population. Russia is the largest in terms of land area. Out of curiosity, which one of them is "getting set to kick Obama & the Lefties out"?
I'm gonna go with the nation that has the world's largest economy (USA), the worlds largest airforce (the USAF), the worlds second largest airforce (US Navy), etc. All this spending on advanced fighters and bombers is necessary if we ever expect to succesfully bomb Afghanistan into Democracy.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote