Music Banter - View Single Post - Should Boo boo get parole?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #133 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
There was a thread on the band already that was closed because it became a political flame war. That is what a mod said in the thread I am talking about. Again my question seems pretty fair considering writing up a thread and toasting a white power band while pressing your political views in a music thread and posting a pic that was gore (it was taking down) seems worse then anything boo boo could have done. Yet that member is still here.
So wait, being political and posting an inappropriate picture was worse than banning half the active members on the forum, and repeatedly ignoring any and all attempts to get that person to follow the few basic rules musicbanter has?

I can't say in good conscience theres any good reason to keep someone around if what you're saying is true, but their recent post history seems at least somewhat reasonable and normal for a poster here, and my point was more that this is not a thread to discuss issues you have with other posters. No thread, to be blunt, ever will be about discussing whether another member should be banned, and thats not just here but on any forum run even remotely well, you will never see the initial decision on a ban being made in public, because it causes horrible, community fracturing problems if left unchecked. That kind of thing is why the reporting system exists, so that ****storms over another members behaviour don't spill out into the fora at large. This thread is about unbanning someone, lets keep it on topic. I'm sure if you have an issue with why someone hasn't been banned yet, a mod will give you their reasoning in private if its a matter of that amount of importance.

Edit: Or not, but whatever, they've roughly stated what I've stated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!