Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #7827 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

I wrote an econ midterm a few weeks ago. Felt I did well, probably something around 90%. Got it back yesterday. 65%. As I do everytime I get a surprisingly low mark back I reassure myself. "This just can't be right. I'm sure there was some big screw up. I ****ing ACED that exam." That, of course, never turns out to be correct, and a two minute conversation with my prof will show that there's a logical reason why I got that low of a mark.

Not this time. As I'm checking it over, I see a question that has 5 checkmarks over my writing, yet 2 out of 5 for the overall mark. This type of mistake happens multiple times throughout the exam, not to mention the incorrect mark of my exam wasn't even added up correctly. Anyways, I took the exam to my prof during her office hours this morning and she bumped the grade up to 86%. Keep in mind I'm not complaining or arguing about the content at all. It was just a 20% difference caused by an outright ineptness by a prof at marking exams. The total was out of 40 so it was still a significant mistake (26/40 bumped up to 34.5/40). She seems kind of spaced out in lectures, but I have no idea how a professor could be that inept at marking an exam. And all I got out of her were phrases like "Wow, I can't believe I missed that." Unreal.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote