Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #7830 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Last week I interviewed at my local inland revenue office for a job. They are hiring thousands of staff nation wide and so 50 positions were available at this office. My sister, who already works there, now informs me that they interviewed 200 people over a 2 week period, including however many also interviewed at all the other offices up and down the country and THEN they offered all of their part time staff full time contracts as well. Because of the response they recieved from their part time staff they then decided that my local office and also Manchesters are not going to be requiring new employees and therefore will be rejecting every single person that they interviewed.

How exactly do I continue to find these absolute morons of employers?
Sorry to hear that mojo. I've talked to quite a few people in the UK who are having one hell of a time finding work. You should just move here. Do you have any idea how fast an Englishman could find a job in Texas? It would make your head spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
My allergies usually calm down after about two weeks. This is the fourth week that I've been sick/that my allergies have been this bad. Two weeks ago I had a fever four times. I'm just pissed because it's having an effect on my work now as well as my performance in my Chorus class... and I'm not getting any better.
I've been there too. Hope you do start getting better very soon hun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Gripe #1: Bad driving habits of McDonalds' patrons.

There is a McDonalds I pass by every day when I drive my child to school, and, I swear, it seems to me that 4 out of 5 of the people who turn into the parking lot DON'T USE THEIR TURN SIGNAL!!!!

I know I should go check how many people use their signal while entering parking lots of other fast food restaurants, but I might just stick with my impression that McDonalds' patrons don't care at all about anyone else other than themselves. I hate how they almost always stop suddenly and turn into the McDonalds lot without letting the person behind them (me) know their intent. Grrrrrr.

Gripe # 2: All this whining in the U.S. news about how high the gas prices are!

Someone even complained on the news that he might decide to start using the bicycle because gas is so expensive!!! Horrors.

Higher gas prices are the best thing that could happen in the U.S. long-term, I feel. Finally we might get better and more efficient public busses and trains. People shouldn't complain about high gas prices; they should complain about poor public transportation.
I think what happens is that people are just cruising along, and then someone looks up and sees those golden arches and in a matters of a couple seconds they say "Hey! A McMuffin sounds great!" and suddenly turn into the drive. Which still sounds pretty annoying doesn't it?

Your rant on people complaining about gas prices reminded me of an even I read about online. Did you know May was Bike Month (as in bicycles)? I had no idea. And May 20th is Bike-to-Work day, at least here in Houston. I've been toying with the idea of riding my bike to work on a regular basis, except that I work in an office with no way to clean up when I get there after my sweaty bike ride. However, if gas prices DO go up too much, I may consider attempting it anyway. Saving gas AND working out...couldn't be a bad thing.