Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #521 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

For Dankstra:

Flaw
Through the Eyes

Quote:
Through the Eyes is the major label debut album of alternative metal group Flaw. It was released in 2001 on Universal Records. The album features a combination of clean vocals and screaming as well as highly distorted and melodic guitar work. Songs such as "Get Up Again" and "Reliance" focus primarily on aggressive melodies while "My Letter" and "Best I Am" could perhaps be considered power ballads. Themes of angst and rage are found throughout the album; however, many of the songs on Through the Eyes also express hope and pride in one's self.
My friend gave me this album in 03 and I just loved it.

For s_k:
I didn't forget about you. I'm still going to introduce you to hip hop. I'm going to slowly ween you into the genre by letting you hear two groups that use instruments as well as rap.

The Roots
Phrenology

Quote:
The Roots is an American hip hop band. The Roots began performing in 1989 as The Square Roots with rapper Black Thought, drummer Questlove. Rapper Malik B. and bassist Leonard Hubbard joined the band in 1991. Over its history, Questlove and Black Thought have always remained with The Roots while their lineup of backing musicians has changed.
Gym Class Heroes
The Papercut Chronicles

Quote:
Gym Class Heroes is an American alternative hip hop band from Geneva, New York. The group uses live instrumentation, and is noted for displaying hip-hop influences while performing alongside artists who are mainly considered to be rock, pop-punk, and metal bands. They have collaborated with Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump on numerous occasions, notably for providing backing vocals on the song "Cupid's Chokehold." Stump also produced the majority of their album The Quilt.
I really love this band mainly because they are from my area Upstate New York well about 4 hours or so but still. I know some of the places they hang out at. I will always love their first album. The second one was okay and then with their third they wanted a more hip hop feel to it but I hear for their fourth release they are going to return back to basics and make a part 2 for papercut chronicles.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote